$10 OFF! Parallels Desktop 6 for Mac
Promotion: Run Windows on Mac OS X without rebooting! Save $10
Coupon Code: Special Offer No Coupon Code Needed!
Expiration Date: -
Parallels Desktop is software that allows the use of a virtual machine on Mac computers. The program was created to allow the use of operating systems other than MacOS X Microsoft Windows, Linux, Solaris, MS-DOS, FreeBSD, etc.. The program starts the various operating systems in a window, and then allows the simultaneous use of multiple operating systems, unlike programs such as Boot Camp that allow the use of a single operating system at a time, because to install native software .
The software allows you to assign a maximum amount of RAM to the virtual machine (256 MB) and create links from one folder to the native operating system and the operating system emulation. The program can also run operating system programs emulated windows in the guest operating system, making it easy to integrate programs emulated.
In order to complete the upgrade procedure as safely as possible, we recommend following the steps below:
1. The virtual machine in the current version of Parallels Desktop (3.0, 4.0, 5);
2. Go to Start -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs (Programs and Features -> Programs in the case of Windows Vista and 7) and remove the following items:
• The current means of protection against viruses (KIS, McAfee, Norton, etc-).
You can reinstall it after the completion of the upgrade.
• Parallels Tools.
3. Shut down Windows (not suspend), and then quit Parallels Desktop.
4. Start the installer and then Parallels Desktop 6
5. Start the virtual machine. Wait while the conversion process to the new format.
“I am a recent Parallels 5.0 user. I am amazed at how much better Parallels is than Vmware and have been very happy with it so far, including the speed. I used to carry around a small Dell laptop to give demos to clients but now all I need is my Mac. Very happy.” — LeonD